Citrus – Salmon BBQ Bonanza: Easy & Healthy fish recipe for the family
As the temperatures start to rise, the trusty BBQ gets fired up and the Dad's prepare to burn various meats to a crisp. Our Citrus Salmon BBQ recipe is the perfect alternative to a charred, bland burger, and what's more, it is super easy to make.
Ingredients to feed 4:
4 x 200g Salmon Fillets (in the images shown of our meal we cut a side of salmon into fillets)
4 x Large Oranges
BBQ fish basket
Step by Step Guide:
1. Light your coals as normal and prepare the rest whilst the BBQ is coming to temperature.
2. Thinly slice the oranges and set them aside
3. Place a layer of oranges across the bottom of your BBQ fish basket
4. Lay the salmon on top of the layer of oranges
5. Place another layer of oranges on top of the salmon
6. Close the basket tie shut if necessary
7. When the coals are glowing white and the flames have died down, place the basket on your BBQ and if you have a lid, place it on the BBQ and cook for 12 minutes before turning over and cooking for a further 12 minutes.
8. Bring the basket to the table (maybe place foil underneath to protect your table) and crack it open. Enjoy the aroma's and serve the salmon with a crisp salad or alternatively, some barbecued asparagus.
Don't forget, you can mix this up by adding sliced lemons and limes instead of using oranges. If you are struggling for fish ideas for your BBQ, why not have a look at our range of fish boxes and hampers as all of these contain fish that can be easily cooked on an indoor or outdoor grill.