Smoked using the traditional methods where no corner is turned and no short cut is taken. Our Natural Welsh Oak, Smoked Haddock Fillet's are considered by many, ourselves included, to be the best in the region.
Our Smoked Haddock Fillets can be enjoyed in a variety of ways – added to a scrumptious risotto, mixed into a fishcake or enjoyed oven baked alongside perfectly paired accompaniments.
One of our favourite ways to serve our Natural Welsh Oak, Smoked Haddock Fillets is in a traditional Kedgeree, serving 4.
- First, collect the ingredients needed for Smoked Haddock Kedgeree. These are our best of the best Smoked Haddock Fillets, 40g butter, 1 medium onion, 300g basmati rice, 2 eggs, 1.5 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, 2 cardamom pods, 1 fresh bay leaf, 700ml of fish stock, 1 cinnamon stick and ¼ tsp turmeric.
- To begin creating the perfect Smoked Haddock Kedgeree add your butter to a saucepan one foaming add in the finely chopped onion and cook on medium until the onions have browned and softened.
- The next step is to stir in the spices. Add the cardamom pods, turmeric, bay leaves and cinnamon to the onion and cook for a further minute. Then, add the basmati rice, making sure to fully coat the rice in all those wonderful spicy flavours before pouring in the stock and adding a pinch of salt to season.
- Loosely cover the pan and leave to cook away gently for around 15 minutes. While the rice is cooking, simmer your Smoked Haddock Fillets for around 5 minutes or until cooked.
- The next step is to hard-boil your eggs, 8 minutes is the perfect amount of time.
- Flake the cooked fish and chop the slightly cooled boiled eggs.
- Once the rice has finished cooking remove the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamom pods.
- Add in the fish and chopped eggs and return the fully combined ingredients to the heat until the fish has heated through, roughly 2 minutes.
- The final step is to stir in the fresh parsley, season the kedgeree to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, lemon wedges and enjoy!
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.