Oysters are more than a treat, they add sparkle to a dinner party or an air of romance to an intimate supper.
A delicacy that has been enjoyed since the prehistoric period, oysters are not only pact with freshness and flavour but are also a source of multiple vitamins including vitamin A, C, D and B1.
Our menai strait oysters come by the dozen and are fresh and ready for however you wish to serve them.
A cold glass of something fizzy is the perfect accompaniment to your oysters and we prefer them with lime and Tabasco, but many now prefer an oriental dressing as something new and different.
One way to serve our premium menai strait oysters is with finely sliced, smoky chorizo.
- In a heated pan, fry 25 g of chorizo for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cooked to perfection, mix the chorizo with 1 tablespoons of Tomato puree, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and season with pepper.
- To elevate the dish further add a dash of Tabasco (or more to taste if you like heat!)
- Serve on a dish beside your fresh menai strait oysters and indulge!
Not keen on Chorizo? No problem! Garlic Oysters are another great alternative.
- Firstly, you need to create the garlic butter topping. Add butter and garlic to a saucepan and simmer on a low heat for around 5 minutes.
- Once simmering is complete, season the garlic butter with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
- Next, take the garlic butter mixture off the heat and allow to cool and harden before evenly spooning the mixture over your Copper Bay Oysters before baking them in the oven for 18 minutes at 200-degree C.
- The final step is to tuck in and enjoy this real taste sensation.
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.