Monkfish is one for the “meaty” fish lovers. Widely considered by many to be the “meatiest” fish on offer, we select only the finest and freshest monkfish loin. Allowing you the confidence to choose Copper Bay Seafood, for all your fish delivery needs.
As stockists for MICHELIN-starred restaurants you can guarantee the best quality loin, giving you the opportunity to have MICHELIN-starred quality delivered directly to your door.
Different from some of its seafood relative’s, monkfish doesn’t flake when cooked which makes this fish a more robust versatile option, working well in many different recipes.
This Thai inspired, aromatic monkfish curry is a great way to cook this succulent fish.
- Begin by adding 1tbsp of oil into a pan and heat. Once the oil is hot fry 1 diced onion and 1 minced garlic clove until they become soft and fragrant. Add in 5g of chopped ginger, 1 chopped and deseeded red chilli and 1tbsp of Thai curry paste. Continue frying for a further 3 minutes
- Stir in your mange tout and baby sweetcorn or any veg of your choice fry for two minutes.
- To the paste and veg add one tin of coconut milk, stir the ingredients together and bring to the boil.
- Once simmering add in your chopped chunks of monkfish and cook for around 15 minutes until the monkfish has cooked through and the sauce has slightly reduced. The monkfish should be a springy consistency and warm all the way through when cooked.
- Sprinkle in a handful of freshly chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice before plating on a bed of jasmine rice.
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.