Still considered by many to be a taste of something a bit more exotic, our swordfish has been an ever-popular fish for Copper Bay Seafood. Our Swordfish Steaks are often the number one choice for the many restaurants and hotels that we supply all over the UK.
We believe our Swordfish Steaks are a must try for any seafood lover and bring the enjoyment of trying restaurant quality ingredients at home. They give the opportunity of an exciting change from your usual dinner time fish choices and are bound to WOW any dinner time guests.
Perfect when served with a white wine sauce and even more perfect if accompanied by a chilled glass of the left-over wine that went into that sauce.
Swordfish Steaks can be cooked as an exciting alternative to the regular Beef Steak. Enjoy with a Mixed-peppercorn butter for a taste explosion.
Here’s how to make it. Serving 2.
- Preheat your oven at 200-degree Celsius.
- To begin combine 20g of butter with 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley and ½ a teaspoon of grated lemon zest. Next it's time to add the main ingredient, ½ a teaspoon of mixed pepper corns combined into the butter.
- Set mixture aside for later use.
- The next step is to begin cooking those beautiful Swordfish steaks.
- Start by heating a dash of oil in a pan before adding in the salt and pepper seasoned steaks. Fry on each side for around 3 minutes until both sides are browned.
- One complete, transfer the browned Swordfish Steaks to a greased baking tray and place into a pre heated oven.
- Keep the pan to cook the butter later, the flavour from the fried swordfish will add extra body to your peppercorn sauce.
- Continue baking the steaks for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through before transferring to plates ready to serve.
- Next its time to make the peppercorn butter.
- In the previously used pan, heat the butter mixture prepared earlier over a medium heat, ensuring to scrape up all the flavour left behind by the Swordfish. Once the butter has melted and started to bubble the sauce is complete.
Pour your sauce over the Swordfish steaks, serve with your favourite side dish and enjoy!
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.