Found along coastlines, cockles often ignite childhood memories of building sandcastles on the beach, paddling in the sea and visiting kiosks on a pier. Our cooked Penclawdd cockles come in 200g bags and are the finest that we have ever tasted.
Cooked by us for your convenience, these cockles are ready to be added into your favourite sea food dishes. Always a big hit in the summer, cockles are a great alternative to mussels and the perfect addition to many seafood risottos and pasta.
Head over to our recipe page to check out our deep-fried cockle recipe.
Looking for a tasty serving suggestion? Why not give this cockle and prawn risotto a go! One that is sure to warm the cockles of your heart. (Serving 2)
- Add 20g of butter to a pan on a medium heat and cook until it begins to foam. Add in 250g of risotto rice to the pan and fully coat in the butter.
- Allow the rice to absorb all the flavours of the butter before adding 1 minced garlic clove and 1 diced onion to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Allow the onion to cook and soften and the garlic to become fragrant for a few minutes before pouring in 70ml of white wine. Cook the ingredients until the white wine has been absorbed.
- Gradually stir in 250ml of stock (vegetable or chicken) adding a cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb it before pouring in the next cup. Remembering to stir the risotto often to generate a creamy consistency. Continue until all the stock is absorbed and the risotto rice is cooked.
- Add in 150 g of cooked cockle meat and 150g of cooked prawns into the risotto and stir until warm through. Roughly 4 minutes. Add in another spoonful of butter and mix.
- Incorporate a handful of sliced chives into the risotto and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste before serving.
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.