Our cod is chosen from only sustainable and ethical fishing boats run by our family business that has been in operation for over 30 years. We use only the best cod that is available from that day's catch and we bone, fillet and package it ready to go out in the best shape possible.
Cod’s succulent flaky goodness makes it the number one most eaten seafood in the UK. Often the top choice for the seaside favourite battered fish and chips. This nation favourite is a hit with the entire family and provides a perfect option for dinner times even amongst the fussiest eaters.
Bring the seaside home with this battered cod recipe. Serving 2.
- Begin by skinning the cod loin. To do this hold onto the skin firmly and run a sharp knife along the fillet under the skin.
- Heat up 2inches of oil in a large saucepan ready to fry the battered cod.
- Once skinned, combine 200g on plain flour, a pinch of salt, 11/2 tsp of baking powder then mix in 220ml of sparkling water until a thick batter is formed.
- Immediately after the batter is formed dip your cod loin into the mix, coating it in an even layer before carefully placing into the hot oil.
- It should take roughly 6 minutes for the fish to cook. The cod is ready when its flaky and the batter is crisp and golden brown.
- Place the cod onto a piece of kitchen roll to drain off any excess oil then serve alongside chunky chips
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.