Our prime and premium fresh fish mix makes the heartiest of heart fish suppers. This Fresh Fish Mix is the perfect filling for a comforting fish pie. Fancy something slightly different? Why not make BBQ Fish kebabs, the prefect treat in the warmer summer months and bound to be a hit at any garden party.
The Fresh Fish Mix’s premium quality will not disappoint. Vacuum packed for freshness, the prime mix is a must have for the freezer and a welcome source of healthy protein, omega-3 and other beneficial nutrients.
Here’s our suggestion for the perfect family fish pie. Serving 4.
Begin by preheating your oven to 200C
- The next step is to start preparing that smooth mash topping. Peel and halve 1kg of potatoes and place them into a saucepan before covering with water and bringing to the boil. Continue to simmer until soft and easy to mash.
- Once you are happy your potatoes are boiled, drain them before adding in a splash of milk and a spoonful of butter, this will make your mash extra creamy! Mash your potatoes until at your desired consistency and season the finished mash to taste.
- Now it’s on to make the fish pie filling. Mix equal parts butter and plain flour, roughly 25g of each and heat gently to create a roux. Add in handful of finely chopped spring onions to the roux mixture and continue to stir regularly until the butter is melted and a paste like consistency is formed. This should only take a few minutes.
- To the roux gradually whisk in 400ml of milk, adding little by little. Bring to the boil and continuously stir to avoid any lumps. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens then remove from the heat.
- It’s now time to add your Prime Fresh Fish Mix to the sauce. To the fresh fish mix stir in 1tsp of your chosen mustard (we recommend Dijon!) and a small handful of finely chopped chives. Add a scattering of frozen peas and sweetcorn to the mix and transfer into an ovenproof dish.
- The final step is to add the mash to the top of your pie. Spoon the mash evenly on top of the mix and finish with a handful of grated cheddar on the top. Pop in the preheated oven and wait 25 minutes until pie is cooked through and golden in colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.