Here at Copper Bay, we are passionate about providing only the best. Our Dover Sole comes Dark Side Skinned and is sourced from only sustainable and ethically proven suppliers from around our local area.
There is no better flavour combination than lemon and garlic parsley butter alongside Dover Sole and is it's sure to provide excitement around the dining table.
Here’s how to create this favourite dish. Serving 2.
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Then place your Dark Side Skinned Dover Sole on a buttered baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Set this aside for later.
- Begin the sauce. Start by removing the skin and white pith from 1 lemon, then cut the lemon into segments removing any pips.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of dry white wine, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 25g of finely chopped shallots and 6 tbsp of water into a saucepan to start the sauce. Bring to the boil before reducing the heat until the liquid had reduced by half.
- Once reduced add 1 tbsp of double cream, allowing the sauce to reduce again before setting the mixture aside.
- Add 25g of butter to a non-stick pan and heat before dusting the Dover Sole with salt and pepper seasoned flour. Once the butter begins to foam place the now floured fish in the pan to brown on both sides before transferring to the buttered baking tray.
- Bake the Dover Sole in the pre heated oven for 8 minutes.
- While cooking the Dover Sole it’s time to go back to your sauce. Start by heating the sauce on high again, once heated lower the temperature and bit by bit whisk in 75g of chilled butter until the sauce has thickened and at a smooth consistency.
- Taste and season before stirring in 1 tsp of rinsed and drained capers along with the previously chopped lemon segments and parsley.
- Serve with your favourite steamed greens and choice of potato side.