Our Sashimi Grade Tuna is the highest quality tuna that you can buy. Said to be the highest honour presented to tuna, Sashimi-Grade, in simple terms, means that it can be eaten raw.
The deep red colour of the tuna determines whether it qualifies to hold Sashimi Grade status, and our Sashimi Grade Tuna is most certainly deep red.
The preferred method for preparing Sashimi Tuna is to cut it into thin slices and either eat raw, accompanied with some wasabi paste or soy sauce.
Some prefer to sear the Sashimi Grade Tuna and then slice it thinly before serving as a starter with soy sauce, spring onions or avocado.
However we usually opt for eating our Sashimi Grade Tuna raw to get the full fresh flavour of this wonderful fish!
Fancy escalating your fish tacos to all new levels of luxury? Why not give our exceptional lobster and sashimi-grade tuna tacos a try!
Luxury lobster and sashimi-grade tuna tacos (Serves 4)
- 350g cooked Lobster
- 350g Sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 spring onion (sliced)
- 40g chopped jalapeno
- 8 taco shells
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 200g shredded purple cabbage
- 100g sweetcorn
- 75g Mayonnaise
- 20g hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Begin by making the sauce. Thoroughly combine all listed taco sauce ingredients.
- Stir in the shredded cabbage, sweetcorn and chopped jalapenos into the sauce to make a slaw. Set aside for later.
- Dice your cooked lobster and sashimi-grade tuna in small even cubes.
- In a bowl add in the diced lobster and sashimi tuna and fully coat in the lime juice and paprika.
- Divide the sauce slaw mixture between the tacos before spooning over the diced lobster and tuna.
- Top with sliced spring onions. Add an optional squeeze of lime juice and a dollop of sour cream before tucking in!
Try this super easy marinade recipe that enhances the premium taste of sashimi-grade tuna! A great idea for a tasty lunch for all the seafood lovers.
All you will need is...
- Sashimi Grade Tuna
- 3 tbsp Wasabi paste
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Sliced Lemon to garnish
- To begin the method, start by slicing the Tuna into evenly thick slices using a sharp knife, cutting across the grain of the Tuna.
- Next, it’s time to create the marinade for the Sashimi Grade Tuna. Combine the wasabi and soy sauce, mix well before adding in the Tuna.
- Turn tuna slices in the marinade to ensure they are fully coated. Leave to marinade for at least 5 minutes before serving with a lemon garnish and tucking in. It’s that easy!
All of our Copper Bay Seafood produce is carefully shipped in polystyrene boxes that is packed with ice.